Main Street Caldwell

Main Street changed quite a bit by the 1940s. Cars replaced the trolley, the Saratoga Hotel, far left, was expanded with another floor and a drug store occupied the Lucas Building. The Roxy Theater dates back to the mid-1930s. In 1868, brothers Nathan and David Falk started a chain of Falks Department Stores found in many Idaho cities. A third brother, Sigmund, also joined the company a few years later. The stores closed in the 1980s. -- Photo courtesy Caldwell Library

Image 1
Image 1

Left Image:IPT

Downtown Caldwell 2012

Right Image: Caldwell Library

Downtown Caldwell circa 1940

Load comments