- Millions of Americans are more than a bit distracted at work today, many of them watching the televised hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, are each testifying before the panel. You can read a transcript of Dr. Blasey's opening remarks by clicking here and Judge Kavanaugh's opening remarks by clicking here.
- The Idaho Press reports that the parents of a former Sage International School student are suing the school, claiming the school didn't appropriately respond to an alleged off-campus sexual assault. Attorneys for the parents point to what they say is a hostile environment at the Parkcenter Boulevard school campus.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Yale University is the subject of a probe by the U.S. Justice and Education departments for alleged discrimination against Asian-American applicants.
- A fascinating report in Science Advances reveals new information on a 92-million-year-old fossil in central Utah that is also evidence of the oldest giant flowering tree in North America. The fossil is a petrified log which, according to scientists, sourced untold numbers of massive flowering trees across the region. Archaeologists found the log by accident when they visited central Utah in search of bones of long-necked dinosaurs.
- Business Insider reports that McDonald's is "quietly" removing" artificial preservatives and flavors from all of its classic burgers. The chain's president says the change is is an effort to improve "customers' perceptions of McDonalds."
- X-Men fans got a treat Wednesday night, when producers of the franchise dropped a new trailer for X-Men: Dark Phoenix, opening Feb. 14, 2019. Take a look: