- President Donald Trump announced this morning that he would send Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to meet with Saudi Arabian ruler King Salman in an effort to investigate the disappearance of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi, who was last seen entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul nearly two weeks ago. The Post says the kingdom is pushing back against Trump, who promised "severe punishment" if the Saudis were found to have been responsible for the disappearance.
- Election season will hit full stride today as early voting gets underway in Ada and Canyon counties in the Treasure Valley, Blaine County in the Wood River Valley and Twin Falls County in the Magic Valley. Ada County will offer three brick-and-mortar polling places to choose from (the county elections headquarters on North Benjamin Lane, and Boise and Meridian city halls) plus its mobile voting unit will visit multiple satellite locations over the next three weeks, beginning today at the Garden City Library.
- A new Washington Post/ABC News poll indicates that voter enthusiasm is significantly higher than in the period leading up to the last midterm elections in 2014. The survey indicates 76 percent of respondents say that they're "absolutely certain to vote" and another 12 percent said they "probably will."
- Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner Blake Fischer was the subject of a nationally televised report on NBC's Today Show this morning. Fischer is in the hot seat for posting several photos online showing how he killed a family of baboons, a leopard and a giraffe using a crossbow. Idaho Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter's office told NBC News that it's looking into the matter. Fischer insists he didn't do anything illegal during his recent hunting trip to Africa.
- Kensington Palace announced this morning that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expecting their first child next spring. The couple arrived in Sydney this morning for a tour of Australia.
- Lady Gaga made a bit of history this past weekend. While her film A Star is Born continued its box office success, the movie's soundtrack debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard chart, making Gaga the only woman to have five No. 1 albums this decade. Entertainment Weekly says the album is filled with songs penned and performed by Gaga.
- Law enforcement in Savannah, Georgia, is on the lookout for a googly vandal. Someone is putting googly eyes on some of the city's most historic monuments. Police say it's no laughing matter, but more than a few Savannah residents beg to disagree.