- At multiple campaign rallies on Thursday, President Donald Trump warned that he will shut the U.S./Mexico border if the approaching group of nearly 4,000 men, women and children, most of them Hondurans, attempt to cross into the U.S. The New York Times reports that the migrant caravan formed last week in San Pedro Sula, a city in northern Honduras known for high levels of violence.
- [image-1] This will be a big day on the Boise campus of St. Luke's Medical Center. Giant pieces of steel frames will be delivered that will ultimately become a massive sky bridge connecting St. Luke's Children's Hospital to the new Idaho Elks Children's Pavilion. The frames are travelling from the K&T Steel Corporation in Twin Falls and the first piece should roll in around midday today. It will take about two months for crews to complete the 90-ton structure, which will span a roadway. When complete, the sky bridge will be Idaho's only bridge to connect two buildings over a road. The $42-million Children's Pavilion is expected to be open in summer 2019 and is part of St. Luke's massive expansion of its downtown Boise footprint.
- In the shadow of a bankruptcy filing from Sears, once the biggest retailer in the world, the Idaho Business Review says Sears will shut down its anchor store at the Boise Towne Square Mall. Sears was once of the first retailers at the mall when it opened in 1987.
- Thursday night was what fans call a rare "sports equinox," when professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey are all in action on one night. In Thursday Night Football, the Denver Broncos beat the Arizona Cardinals, 45-10; in Major League Baseball, the Boston Red Sox beat the Houston Astros, 4-1, sending Boston to the World Series to face the winner of the National League series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers which resumes this evening; and there were full slates of games in the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association. Last night's highlight in the NBA was superstar LeBron James' debut as a Los Angeles Laker. Despite James' presence, the Lakers lost to the Portland Trail Blazers, 128-119.
- Expect plenty of early evening rush hour traffic near Boise State today, because football fans will be swarming to Albertsons Stadium to see the Boise State Broncos take on Colorado State. Kickoff is 7 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN2.
- Netflix has announced it's canceling Orange is the New Black, once the flagship and Emmy-winning series on the streaming platform.
- Finally, here's something that will lighten up your Friday and take you back in time. A new breakfast cereal is paying tribute to one of the most popular sitcoms in TV history. Take a look.