NAMPA — A number of Treasure Valley fire departments responded to a blaze at the Great American Appetizers facility at about 11:45 a.m. on 8th Street in Nampa Friday.
Caldwell Fire Battalion Chief Brad Carico said the fire appears to have started from crews performing “hot work” on the roof. Carico said a spark from that work could have ignited insulation in the roofing and one wall.
The building was evacuated, workers were sent home and there were no injuries. Carico estimated that damage could have been as much as $20,000. The company hopes to be back to business Monday.
Nampa Fire Department originally responded to the fire, but Caldwell, Meridian and Middleton fire departments took over the scene shortly after. NFD crews left the scene to attend the funeral of Alyson Defur, the daughter of a NFD firefighter who died July 16 as a result of injuries from a car crash.